Curried Cauliflower Soup

on

My neighbor has started a fantastic blog: This Full Plate and I have found so much inspiration from her "week of soup" recently that I had to try her curried cauliflower soup recipe! YUM! Although my photos aren't have as gorgeous, the soup was super flavorful with only 5 ingredients and a really quick preparation. You can drizzle a bit of honey over the top for a sweeter flavor. I made this for James on Sunday and have been taking it to work for lunch. Delicious and SO easy! I am definitely doubling the batch next time.. Here is the recipe:
Ingredients:
1 medium head of cauliflower- chopped
1 Granny smith apple- peeled and cut into pieces. I used The Corer first and then peeled the apple
1 medium onion- chopped
2 cloves of garlic
1-2 Tbsp. curry powder (depending on the heat you want). I actually used Indian masala spice and it was great
4 cups veggetable broth
Directions:
Saute onion in a tbs. of coconut oil (I used EVOO) until soft and translucent
Add apple chunks, garlic and curry powder. Heat until curry powder turns a darker yellow
Add cauliflower and vegetable broth and bring to a boil
Turn down and let simmer for 20 minutes
Let  cool and puree until smooth. I used a hand blender.
Drizzle honey on top if desired.

0 comments:

Post a Comment