Local 522

on

Wow. I have beautiful friends :)
I had the pleasure of dining with these three amazing beauties yesterday at Local 522 located at 522 6th Avenue SW. This seems to be a new hang out for Chantalle and I who dine out a few times a week for lunch... The place has great food, a good atmosphere and tons of attractive men in suits. BAHAHA. Chantalle and Kylie (on the left) are headed abroad tomorrow until the middle of January and I am going to MISS THEM! This was a bit of a farewell lunch and we had a great time and a few bevy's. Here is what we dined on:
We started with the calamari for $11.69 which was incredible! This is some of the best calamari I have had in a long time and it even beat the calamari that was ordered for a group dinner at a nice Italian restaurant that I had last night. The squid was really tender and not chewy at all and I really liked the fact that the batter was really light and super crispy. I would definitely order this again! Great chili citrus aioli on top toooo.
The beautiful lady in red, Lauren, chose chili cheese fries of all dishes! The fries had both potato, yam, cheddar and a short rib chili. Everyone raved about these. This gal cracks me up- downs entire JARS of Cheese Whiz, orders fries and still rocks a runway. YOU GO GIRL! :)
Ky ordered the delicious "Tavern Curry" for $16.42 with chicken, cumin seed rice, naan bread and cashews. This was a hit I would definitely order this one on a cold day.
I'm clearly still on the Christmas binge and ordered the fish and chips for $14.49... Beer battered haddock, fries and tartar sauce. I like how they mix potato and yam fries to give the side some variety. The beer batter on this fish was a tad thick for me- I prefer a light batter or the crunch of tempura but it had great flavor.
MmMmMm Local's mac is fantastic. Rich and creamy sausage mac n' cheese for $14.42. I find that sausage can overpower mac sometimes but this dish is just downright delicious.
DON'T LEAVE MEEEE! Just jokes.. HAVE AN AMAZING TRIP AND YOU BETTER COME HOME TAN AND SAFE AND WITH PRESENTS! BAHAHAHA JKKKK

0 comments:

Post a Comment