Smoked Salmon Deviled Eggs

on

 After two great shows yesterday James and I decided to have our own little Grey Cup party... We did avoid carbs and dairy mostly but indulged in some wings and a mini shrimp cocktail I picked up from M & M Meats since I had a coupon for $5 off a $50 purchase. I also picked up some herbed and dill salmon which will be good for us to eat during the week.. To make it to $50 I grabbed some smoked salmon which I love but have never worked with before. I decided to make this Pampered Chef deviled egg recipe that I have been eying up for a while and they turned out so yummy! I halfed the recipe and here it is from the "Easy & Impressive Appetizer Book"... Did I mention there is NO shipping on my website today for Cyber Monday?!?! CHECK IT OUT!:
Ingredients:
12 eggs
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 oz. (60 grams) cream cheese, softened
1/2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
2 tsp. freshly chopped fresh dill weed (I used this)
1 tsp white wine vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
8 oz. (250 g) cold-smoked salmon, divided
Snipped fresh dill weed for garnish (optional)
Directions:
1. Hard boil eggs and let stand for 20 minutes. Immediately run cold water over eggs or place them in ice water until completely cooled. Remove shells.
2. Cut eggs in half lengthwise. Carefully remove yolks and place in mixing bowl; set whites aside. Mash yolks and stir in mayo, cream cheese, mustard, dill weed, vinegar and salt until well blended. Finely chop salmon and reserve a large piece for garnish. Add chopped salmon to yolk mixture and mix well.
3. Using a piping bag or my favorite: the Easy Accent Decorator, fill egg whites with yolk mixture. Thinly reserve piece of salmon and garnish eggs. Sprinkle with additional dill weed if desired. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to allow flavors to blend.
Me using my favorite tool! James the photog ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment