Happy Thanksgiving!!!

on

Happy Friday of the long weekend! A holiday based solely around FOOD and being thankful ?! Thanksgiving is right up my alley... It is my Goddamn alley. What are your Thanksgiving plans?! Does your family fight like savages over stuffing like mine does? I always joke the saddest day of my life was when my brother discovered how AMAZING my mother's stuffing is and my mother and I could not split the entire bowl to ourselves.. and now I have a husband with an appetite damn it. My mom is hosting this year and she makes a killer sweet potato pie complete with pecans and brown sugar on the top...my mouth is watering already. I am going to be contributing Jamie Oliver's "cauliflower cheese".. I will let you know how it turns out and of course, post the recipe. My mom's pumpkin pie is also INFAMOUS and the recipe is centuries old. She refuses to make it any other time besides Thanksgiving so of course I am as excited as a fat kid at an all you can eat buffet... YAYYY! 
One of my best girlfriends also made these unbelievable pumpkin cupcakes and I had to share the recipe with you. The BEST cupcake I have ever eaten in my life and by "cupcake" I mean six of them because that is what I ate... Ah hell- let's celebrate swimsuit season coming to an end right?! MAKE THESE! AND BE THANKFUL! ;) HAPPY THANKSGIVING LOVES!
CUPCAKES
Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. coarse salt
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/47 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1/4 tsp. allspice
1 cup packed light-brown sugar
1 cup granulated sugar
1 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
4 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 can (15 oz.) pumpkin puree
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Line cupcake pans with paper liners; set aside. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice; set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, fitted with the paddle attachment, combine the brown sugar, granulated sugar, butter, and eggs. Beat on medium speed until well combined. Add dry ingredients, and mix on low until smooth. Fold in pumpkin puree. 
3. Divide batter evenly among liners, filling each about halfway. Bake until tops spring back when touched, and a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean, 20 to 25 minutes, rotating pans once if needed. Transfer to a wire rack; let cool completely.
CINNAMON BUTTERCREAM
1/2 cup butter, room temperature
3 3/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
3-4 Tbs. milk
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon
Directions:
1. Place butter in large bowl and beat on low 30 seconds
2. Add sugar about a cup at a time, beating on low between each addition
3. Add 3 Tbs. milk, vanilla and cinnamon. Beat on medium 1 minute.
4. Blend in up to 1 Tbs. milk of frosting is too thick

WHAT ABOUT A GROWN UP PUMPKIN PIE MILKSHAKE?!!
With Bourbon... Yep... BOURBON!
Found this gem of a recipe on Pinterest from howsweeteats.com ... Hope you enjoy and have a great long weekend!
makes 2 shakes
2 cups vanilla ice cream
1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup cream or half and half
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2/3 cup pureed pumpkin
1/2 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
2-3 ounces of bourbon
frosting + sprinkles (or cinnamon sugar) for glasses
Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until combined. Rim glasses with a light coating of frosting then dip in sprinkles. Pour in shake and sprinkle cinnamon on top. Top with whipped cream if desired. Serve!

0 comments:

Post a Comment