Chocolate Chip Cookies & Disasters

on

Last week was the week of DISASTER dinners in our home... We decided against grocery shopping on Sunday because we were hung over and it has not worked out in our favor. Normally we are really good at pulling "something out of nothing" and have a fairly stocked pantry and freezer but wow. Here is what our meals have been:
Monday: James always threatens to make Hamburger Helper.. One of my least favorite meals... I mean ground beef concoction from a box?! YICK.. I always avoided this disaster growing up but alas.. this was our meal Monday...
Tuesday: After a 1.5 hour commute home I was HUNGRY and CRANKY... James tried to resurrect some frozen spaghetti sauce that I had made a few weeks back and it could not be saved.. The worst sauce I have EVER made.. This resulted in me having to do dishes without having eaten and James ran off to the grocery store to pick up a rotisserie chicken and some macaroni salad.. MEH!
Wednesday: James informed me I didn't need to fret- he had dinner figured out... Chili, corn and salad... What I came home to was a bowl full of bolognese sauce?!!?? He normally adds kidney beans and chili powder but he didn't notice it wasn't chili he defrosted but bolognese? A big bowl of bolognese? HAHA.. And cow corn.. The corn was AWFUL! It is definitely past corn season and we were eating corn that was made for cattle...
Andrea to the rescue! I HAD to make something to make up for these disasters.. COOKIES! Chocolate chip cookies.. What is more comforting than mowing the dough and eating them warm and fresh out of the oven?!... I found this recipe on allrecipes.com and it has over 3500 positive reviews so I thought I would try it out. Here is the recipe!:

Ingredients

  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup white sugar
  • 1 cup packed brown sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
  • 3 cups all-purpose flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 2 teaspoons hot water
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts

Directions

  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
  2. Cream together the butter, white sugar, and brown sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in the vanilla. Dissolve baking soda in hot water. Add to batter along with salt. Stir in flour, chocolate chips, and nuts. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased pans.
  3. Bake for about 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or until edges are nicely browned.

0 comments:

Post a Comment