Phil's Restaurants

on

James and I at the Labor Day Classic
James and I were lucky enough to score Stamps tickets to the Labor Day Classic on Monday and to thank the lovely couple who gave us the tickets we took them to one of my favorite breakfast places in the city: Phil's Restaurant! I have been going here since I was a little kid and it holds a special place in my heart. Children get served small "looney" pancakes and there are lots of toys for kids to play with. Phil's serves breakfast and lunch at five locations in Calgary and one in Banff.. We dined at the 16th Avenue NW location near McMahon Stadium and as per usual, Phil's did not disappoint! I like that you get an entire coffee carafe brought to your table when you order a coffee and the speedy service... The best part is: THE CHUBBIES! They have beef and pork chubbies that sort of taste like a BBQ hamburger/sausage... Delicious! I recommend their eggs benny and crepes as well... Here is what we had:
James ordered Phil's mixed grill... 2 eggs any style, 2 pieces of ham, bacon, and sausage and your choice of chunky or shredded hash browns. Looks like a hearty breakfast to me!
Eggs benny! The hollandaise sauce at Phil's is famous. It is EXTREMELY delicious and tangy... Love how they fry the ham so it is nice and crispy as well.
"Traveler's Special"- 4 pancakes, 2 eggs, beef & pork chubbies and bacon... All about the chubbies!
I normally order the blueberry crepes... Yummm... I always ask for extra, extra whipped cream. They use one of those CO2 whipped cream cans so the whipped cream tastes so fresh and like real cream. LOVE IT!
I was hungry and hung over... What can I say? The crepes were just a side (for only another $1!) to my two egg ham, mushroom and cheese omelet. NO breakfast at Phil's is complete without your own side order of beef chubbies... Beef are the best... We even had to order ANOTHER side of beef chubbies cause James kept stealing mine and that will just not do.
Peach crepes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment