The Embarcadero

on

Known as "Calgary's Premiere Oyster Bar since 1995", The Embarcadero is a popular haunt for hockey and concert goers alike with its location is right across from the Saddledome at 208 17th Avenue SE. With Calgary's largest and easily best priced oyster selection- this is definitely the place to go if you are in the mood for some oysters on the half shell! My neighbor Stacy is getting married on October 22nd and I am honored to be her MC for the fall nuptials. We got together last night to go over her special day and met at The Embarcadero since Stacy had tickets to the Flames game. Eds directly next door and The Embarcadero share the same owners but I was pleased to have friendlier service at The Embarcadero than I have ever received at Ed's.. The prices were also really reasonable and I will definitely be back! Here is what we dined on:
Stacy and I at Lindsay's wedding :)
The oysters of the day were the "Little Wing" oysters from BC with a clean salty finish for only $1.25 each. We ordered a half dozen and slurped them back with their delicious house made radish relish and a homemade hot sauce that was much more flavorful than the usual Tobasco sauce. Yummm! Super clean tasting and fresh. I will be back for their oysters for sure.
For a starter we split these pot stickers that we found under their casual fare menu and they were really yummy! I love when pot stickers are golden brown and nicely sauteed on both sides to give you a bit of crunch which these were... Mmmmm
Stacy ordered the grilled lobster tail served on angel hair pasta with julienned vegetables in a lobster bisque reduction for only $26!!! We thought there would be a few lobster chunks here and there in the pasta and were dumbfounded that she actually received an entire lobster tail for only $26! What a treat and for a great price!
O.M.G... The special of the day for only $28 tickled my fancy to say the least.. Rack of lamb for only $28?! I can't even buy it in the grocery store for that price. Normally rack of lamb is around $45 in a restaurant so when she told us the special I was pumped. This lamb was perfectly cooked to medium rare and extremely tender- nearly melted in my mouth... WOW! The balsamic sauce was a great addition and it was served with asparagus, potatoes and carrots. I literally picked these bones up and licked them clean! My lamb craving has finally been satisfied and for only $28. I would ask for smashed or mashed potatoes next time if I could but other than that- perfection :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment