El Sombrero Mexican

on

BAHAHA
AMAN IS BACK!!! My foodie soul mate Aman is back from his Parisian culinary adventure at the Cordon Bleu Cooking School and is officially a chef. I am SO proud of him and SO happy he is back so we can dine together again YAYYY! We went for some Mexican yesterday at lunch to El Sombrero located at 520, 17th Avenue SW as I had a Groupon to use up. El Sombrero is one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in the city after Salt and Pepper. I like the 17th Avenue location and their shrimp tacos.. Yummm! How can you go wrong with a margarita on a Wednesday? You can't... Let's he honest. Here is what we had!
Sangria & Margarita on the rocks for me... Yes please
To start we split a "chile rellenos" which is a Poblano pepper in a light egg batter stuffed with a blend of mozzarella and cheddar cheese and topped with a tomato sauce and sour cream for $6... A pepper stuffed with cheese and smothered in tomato sauce? Yes please! Not the best I have had but I DID just get back from Texas ;)
El Sombrero has a great $10 lunch menu with a bunch of different combos but since I had the Groupon we could not dine off of this menu.. Instead we asked the waitress her favorite dish (great idea to do at restaurants!) and she suggested this AMAZING meal... "Tacos Guadalajara" .. Three soft corn tortillas (clearly homemade and SO DAMN GOOD) filled with your choice of chicken, beef or shrimp with onions, cilantro and melted cheese. Served with pico de gallo on the side, guacamole, rice,  and refried beans for $17. This dish was so fresh and tasty.. Definitely the winner! I would order this again and again. Tasted like I was in Mexico again. ORDER THIS!
"Enchiladas de Pollo con Mole".. Three corn tortillas, folded and filled with chicken and smothered with a spicy chocolate sauce (mole)... I wouldn't call this particular mole spicy and it was a bit too chocolatety for us in a mole sauce but the dish itself was really great. I would come back for the tacos and try another appy ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment