Craft Beer Market

on

Exterior from Craft's website
 Craft Beer Market has had a ton of great reviews and I could not wait to check it out. Located in Mother Tucker's old location at 345 10th Avenue this casual restaurant has Canada's largest selection of draft beer- over 100 on tap! The interior has silver pipes lining the roof transporting all of the different to the large bar in the center of the restaurant. 
From Craft's website
Behind the large bar lies a glass in-cased keg room and an open concept kitchen. Far more open and light than Mother Tucker's ever was and the place was packed at noon when an old friend and I dined here yesterday. There are so many interesting thing on the menu I still want to check out such as the "Three Cheese Fondue", "Fast Food Sushi" which is a cheeseburger and fries wrapped in bacon and presented sushi-style?!, along with their "Crab & Lobster Lasagna".. Yummm. I am getting hungry just writing about the menu items. Craft has a bunch of great festivities going on for Oktoberfest along with specialty menu items such as pretzels for dipping which looked great. Looking for a great birthday spot? Craft gives 30% off to customers turning 30! I know you won't be disappointed in this fun pub that endorses "come as you are" dining. Here is what we had:
To start we ordered the "Crispy Onion Petals" with a spiced beer batter and chipotle lime dipping sauce for $9. These were SO good and I would order them again. The batter was quite light and the onion was perfectly cooked and really sweet. I expected it to be more like an onion blossom but these were fun to dip and eat.
Crowned best mac n' cheese in Calgary by Avenue magazine Craft's macaroni and cheese does NOT disappoint! I always know it will be good mac if they use the spiral noodles instead of elbow mac and it is served in a skillet! This mac contains a blend of cheddar, gouda, mozzarella and fontina cheese tossed with bacon and poblano peppers and topped with parsley and garlic breadcrumbs for $14. Wow... The price is fantastic for this AMAZING dish!!! I would order this next time I come... Loved the crunchy bread crumbs on the top and delicious cheese sauce.. I'm still a slave for Vintage mac but this comes a very close second... Second in Calgary for me!
I asked the waitress what her favorite menu item was and she recommended the Montreal Smoked Meat sandwich for $15. I loved that the sauerkraut was intertwined within the sandwich and not just one big chunk. It also had a nice grainy mustard and was served on marble rye. I travel to Montreal far too much for this to be comparable to that but as far as the Calgary version goes- this was pretty damn good and you could tell the shaved smoked meat was from a brisket.
I was extremely impressed with the spinach salad. The strawberries and dressing were really fresh and you could tell they took time and effort preparing this side salad.
I will be back! Can't wait to try out some of your other menu items. Reservations are recommended for lunch and this is a great place to tip back a few pints.

0 comments:

Post a Comment