Escoba

on

Located at 624-8th Avenue, Escoba is one of my favorite restaurants to dine at.. I love their menu and the service is always top notch. They always give a sampling of wine at lunch and I've had some REALLY great meals there. Escoba is very unassuming from the street but once inside this rustic, cozy restaurant with wrought iron decor is sure to make you feel at home. The menu is Mediterranean comfort food and their wine cellar is rather extensive. I love to take clients here and this is what we dined on last Friday:
We had a special guest in from out of town and I suggested this dish- my favorite at Escoba! This is the duo of bison and lamb. To the left is a braised bison short rib and to the left a grilled loin of lamb. My favorite are the gorgonzola smashed potatoes and red wine reduction... I ALWAYS crave these potatoes! HEAVEN! All for $29.. Yummmm
My boss is a cattle rancher and never turns down a nice steak. He had the 10 oz. Alberta prime beef ribeye with gorgonzola smashed potatoes, seasonable vegetables and red wine truffle jus for $29
This photo does NOT do this AMAZING dish justice... I think this is the best penne dish I have ever had. I was debating between this "grilled vegetable bake" and a flatbread pizza when the waiter made the executive for me. He added prawns and the bake included zucchini, baby roma tomatoes, olives, peppers, asparagus & mushrooms in a smoked tomato basil sauce with Jack & smoked Gouda over penne for $19... WOW!!!!!! I am in love with this dish!

0 comments:

Post a Comment