Belgo Brasserie

on

A "brasserie" is a type of restaurant with a relaxed, upscale setting, which serves single dishes and other meals. A brasserie can be expected to have professional service, printed menus and, traditionally, white linen. I normally find that brasseries have a large selection of MEAT on their menus as well. Yum! I haven't been to Belgo at in a LONG time and didn't have the best impression of them last time I went.. Their menu has REALLY changed and there is so much selection. Belgo is part of the Vicker's conglomerate and seems to fill up for lunch everyday. They have this great "two courses for $25" special on with baby back ribs, baked beans, and corn on the cob etc.. It seemed to be what most people were ordering and it was hard on my date and I as we are both on a cleanse... UGH! I know it's like foodie suicide but I am trying to get into shape for summer and this is a great way to kick it off I figure. We are doing the BodyLogix cleanse from Shopper's Drug Mart and it is mainly healthy eating.. I just hate knowing what each meal and snack are going to be... BORING! Doesn't satisfy any cravings, that's for sure. Here is what the good girls had yesterday at Belgo:
My date chose the spinach salad with maple candied bacon, mushrooms and a balsamic dressing. She added chicken for a total price of $18. She said the salad was delicious with a healthy portion of chicken.. Only funny thing we found was the bowl of CHEDDAR CHEESE the spinach was sitting in... We had to gaze at this cheese basket longingly without indulging unfortunately.
Cobb salad is my favorite of all time... For $18 this one had grilled chicken, avocado, pancetta, cheddar (I asked for no bacon and cheese *wimper*), egg, tomato and basil dressing. This salad was really great even sans cheese/bacon. The egg and avocado added a creamy texture. Only thing I didn't like was the fried bits on the top that I kept having to pick off...
I REALLY want to go back to Belgo for some of their other menu items such as macaroni & cheese with smoked chicken, French onion soup, Belgo's "surf and turf" which is beef tartar & beer cured salmon, AND their Thai curried lobster... *DROOL*... DAMN CLEANSE!

0 comments:

Post a Comment