Sociale Bar & Grille

on

Sociale has just opened up downtown at 606-1st Street SW and is SO close to my office I had to give it a try... And boy am I happy I did! I wasn't too enamored with the menu on their website but the flatbread I had ended up being one of the best I have EVER had.. My only complaint was that the service was slow and inattentive... I am hoping they smarten up because I will be BACK for this flatbread:
This is the "Reggiano Flatbread" for only $12 with Reggiano cheese, basil pesto (to DIE FOR), oven roasted tomatoes and shaved Parmesan. You could tell the Parmesan was really high quality and the crust was delicious. Seriously you have to try this... What a steal for only $12 too!
EEK! Sorry for the picture quality... I am getting a new one as I just lost mine... My date dined on the Italian Beef Sandwich for $15 with "sweet peppers" (spicy!!!!) and giardiniara (a dish that is created combining various types of pickled vegetables with vinegar or some type of oil). She found the bun itself a bit too much of a mouthful but raved about its flavor and really enjoyed this dish. I think it should mention how spicy the actual sandwich was though- sweet peppers in this case were not as sweet as banana peppers.
Since it was Valentine's Day we had to get a dessert right? RIGHT! This is the Dark Chocolate Terrine for $8 with a white chocolate mousse and raspberry coulis. We really enjoyed this dessert and I was happy to see there were some unique items on their dessert menu such as orange creme filled beignets and goat cheese cake.
I will be dreaming about this flatbread... I MUST have it again... Bravo Sociale- maybe the wait staff will be whipped into shape in the coming weeks as well?

0 comments:

Post a Comment