Steamed Wonton Purses

on

 I had a girlfriend come over for dinner last night so I did an "Asian Theme Night"... I had some wonton's left over from the Tropical wontons I made last week so I thought I would make steamed wonton purses! This recipe is one of my absolute fav's... It really knocks people's socks off and they won't believe you made them! Such an easy recipe too!!! And... It is a Pampered Chef recipe... again.. What can I say? They have the BEST, EASIEST recipes ever.. :D. I made these for the first time when I had an Asian themed dinner party and have made them time and time again. NUM! Give them a try I dareee you!
Ingredients:
Wontons
1/2 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
1 egg
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 Tbs. plain dry bread crumbs
1 garlic clove, pressed
16 square wonton wrappers
Sauce
1/4 cup rice vinegar
2 Tbs. soy sauce
1 garlic clove, pressed

Directions:
1. For wontons, combine turkey, egg, soy sauce, seasoning mix, bread crumbs and pressed garlic in mixing bowl and mix well:
2. Spray the inside of a stainless steamer or something along those lines (my mom uses a BBQ grill basket turned upside down) with nonstick cooking spray. Place wonton wrappers on a large cutting board and using a tablespoon place a scoop of turkey mixture onto the center of each wonton.
 3. Lightly brush outer edges with water. Bring corners of each wonton up towards the center. Pinch edges to seal and place into steamer.
 3. Bring 3 cups of water to boil in a 12 inch skillet. Reduce heat to a simmer and place steam into skillet. Cover, cook wontons 5-7 minutes or until temperature registers 160 F***. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine ingredients in small mixing bowl and mix well. Carefully transfer wontons to a serving platter using tongs and serve wontons with sauce.
The sauce is the perfect pairing for these wontons. YUM!
I forgot to take a photo before all were gone but 4..... YumMmM
*** You may have another method to steam these wonton purses which is great! Just make sure they register at 160 F so they are safe to eat. Enjoy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment