Shannon's Rehearsal Dinner!

on

Shannon and I before heading to dinner
The bride and groom being fed ouzo by our awesome waiter and smashing some plates!
My best friend Shannon got married to the love of her life this weekend in Banff and the rehearsal dinner was at Balkan- The Greek Restaurant on Banff Avenue. James and I have dined here once before and really enjoyed the meal and the charismatic waiters! ... There was a set menu for the rehearsal dinner which started with a Greek salad and here is what we had our choice of for entrees:
This was chicken breast stuffed with feta and spinach which looked SO good!!!

Poor photo but this is the "mixed grill" that James got... Chicken, pork and beef skewers with tzatziki, potatoes and rice.

Mmmmm this is what I SHOULD have ordered... Spanokopita! A big portion of it almost like a lasagna slice. It looked and smelled sooo good.
Instead I ordered the lamb shank which was braised for 36 hours... Omggg this was also amazing and completely fell off the bone when I put my fork into it. SO tender that it melted in your mouth. YUM!!!!
Here's the two love birds after our meal.. AwWWwWw

0 comments:

Post a Comment