The Producers and Mikey's Juke Joint & Eatery

on

 I officially have a new FAVORITE Broadway play! The Producers! I have gone to a lot of live theater in my day and even acted in Romeo & Juliet, Grease and Our Town but the production last night at Pump House Theater blew me away! The acting was fantastic and I adored the storyline.. It is playing until January 22nd this year and tickets are only $12! It would make a great date and I promise that you will not be disappointed. We were all laughing so hard and completely entertained throughout. What a great production! WOW!

Before attending the play we dined at "Mikey's Juke Joint & Eatery" located at 1901 10th Avenue SW which is literally a hole in the wall that has dubbed itself the "Calgary's House of Blues" and serves pub fare. We had dry ribs and sweet chili wings to start which were definitely the best part of the meal.. I was not overly impressed with the menu or food but this is what we dined on...
James ordered the pulled pork sandwich which he was a bit disappointed with.. He said it was just "okay" and he had a tomato garlic soup on the side which was the soup of the day.
Two of my friends ordered the steak sandwich and they were pretty disappointed that it was actually a sandwich. They were looking forward to some garlic bread soaked in steak juice. The fries were delicious though!
This is the taco salad sans cheese. It looked delicious!
My meal was boringgg because I got a healthy salad.. Gold star Andies. It was a mixed vegetable salad with olives, havarti cheese and cornbread on the side. Not bad for a bunny meal!
MMMMM.... This was the winner of the night!!! Chorizo sausage and ground beef nachos.. To die! It was served with a jalapeno salsa and sour cream. Yum!

0 comments:

Post a Comment