Pan-Asian Meatballs

on

We had our "Back to Business" kick off meeting for Pampered Chef last night and it is always my favorite of the year.. There is always good food, lots of inspiration and most importantly... The announcement of the TRIP! Pampered Chef awards trips if you sell a certain amount and recruit a certain number of people to your team. Last year I earned a trip for 4 to Disney World and it was one of my proudest accomplishments as I was the first person in Canadian history to earn the trip in my first full year of business.. YAYYY! I took my parents and James of course.
All of us at the Magical Kingdom in June 2010
 This year I earned the trip to PRAGUE!!! I am SO EXCITED! I didn't think I had a chance but I did it thanks to my AMAZING customers, friends and family...
We are traveling to Europe on April 8th 2011 until the beginning of May. SO EXCITED!
The trip was announced last night and the TWO destinations are as follows:
NEW ORLEANS for the "bronze level"
AND
MAUI & KAUAI for the "silver and gold" levels... I am shooting for gold this year... CAN'T WAIT!
All of the dishes from our meeting had tropical themes so hopefully this will warm you up on this winter day. I highly suggest these meatballs. Healthy and delicious!!! Here is the recipe from Pampered Chef:

Ingredients
1 cup uncooked jasmine rice or long grain white rice 
Napa or green cabbage leaves
2 slices French bread, coarsely chopped (I just used two slices of white bread) to make a 1/2 cup crumbs
1/3 cup sliced water chestnuts
1/2 cup sliced green onions with tops
1/4 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tsp. peeled, finely grated gingeroot
1 1/4 lb. 93% lean ground turkey
1 egg
2 cloves garlic, pressed
1 tsp. salt

Sauce
1/2 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 tsp. sesame oil

Directions:
1. Cook rice according to package directions. Remove from cooker and spread rice over a sheet of parchment paper.
2. Meanwhile, trim root ends of cabbage leaves, leaving 5-in. tops; arrange in a single layer over bottom of a baker that is big enough to fit 24 medium meatballs and can fit in the microwave!!!
3. Coarsely chop bread slices and finely chop water chestnuts. Slice green onions and chop bell pepper. Grate gingerroot and combine turkey, bread crumbs, water chestnuts, green onions, bell pepper, gingerroot, egg, and garlic in a medium bowl and mix well.
4. Using a medium scoop or two table spoons, form turkey mixture into 24 meatballs. Roll each meatball in rice, pressing rice into meatballs. Place meatballs on cabbage leaves in baker:
Rice covered meat balls!
5. Cover with parchment paper or lid and microwave on HIGH 10-12 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in the center and a thermometer registers 160 F
6. Meanwhile, for sauce, combine ingredients in a small bowl and serve meatballs with sauce. YUM!
Hope you enjoy these as much as we all did last night! And if you are interested in making some additional money and working when you want.. Or even EARNING A TRIP TO HAWAII! Let me know :D

0 comments:

Post a Comment