Bodylogix CLEANSE

on

 James got me/us a cleanse for Christmas.. Not the most romantic gift on the planet but it is a good way to kick start eating healthier and get rid of toxins etc....Plus my smell and taste has been HORRIBLE over the past few weeks as I can barely smell and taste-especially in the evening.. Apparently dairy and gluten can really block your sinuses and my smell and taste have been the best they have been in WEEKS since starting this cleanse! He got this cleanse from Shopper's Drug Mart.. I've tried the Wild Rose cleanse in the past which only lasted 2 days but this one is much better with a complete 7 day meal plan including breakfast, snack, lunch, snack and dinner. It is a lot of vegetables and whole grains but no sugar/coffee/dairy/salt/carbs...Okay let's be honest here.. It's day 4 and I am CRAVING and DREAMING of food... The good thing is that we are not hungry... I'm just BORED of the food. I love going out for lunch everyday because I can say "what am I craving today?" and I love the spontaneity of it... With this diet I KNOW what I'm having each meal and it makes me GrOuChY... Here is the meal plan for the first few days:
DAY 1
Breakfast
Blueberry shake with 1/2 cup almond milk (outside my box... never tried but I really enjoy!), vanilla whey protein powder, 1 cup blueberries & ice... We really enjoy the morning shakes! They keep you full and we also take 5 cleansing vegetable capsules that are suppose to "remove toxins, purify, rejuvenate & energizes probiotics to support digestive health"
Snack
1/4 cup almonds

Lunch
Cucumber, half head of romaine lettuce, tomatoes, 1/4 cup chickpeas and olive oil. No cheese or dressing.
Snack
15 celery & cucumber sticks

Dinner
Brown rice, broccoli, cabbage and carrots. This really filled us up- we were stuffed!
 DAY 2
Breakfast
Mixed berry shake with almond milk, vanilla whey protein and ice.
Snack
1 cup berries

Lunch
1 whole wheat wrap with 2 carrots, 1/4 avocado, 2 slices of tomato, 1 Tbs hummus
Snack
15 celery/cucumber sticks
Dinner
This is my favorite meal so far!!! Squash and lentil soup. I have never cooked with lentils before and it had tomatoes in it and chunks of butternut squash so it tasted like a glorified tomato soup... Recipe to come!
DAY 3
Breakfast
Strawberry shake! Strawberries, vanilla whey protein and almond milk
 Snack 1/4 cup unsalted peanuts 
Lunch
Quinoa salad with 6 cherry tomatoes, broccoli, 1/4 cup red onion, 1/4 cup chickpeas. BLECH this was our worst meal yet... Still ate it though....
 Snack
 15 celery/cucumber sticks

Dinner
Salmon and asparagus!!!! MEAT!!! BEST MEAL YET!!!!!!!!!!!!!! REJOICE!

DAY4
Breakfast
Blueberry shake
Snack
a pear! WOO!

Lunch
2 black bean lettuce wraps with 1/2 avocado, tomato slices, 2 tsp plain yogurt, cucumber and cilantro.
Snack
3 cashews and 3 dates

Stay tuned for the rest of the cleanse......................................... Not sure what is for dinner tonight but I am sleeping, eating, dreaming of FOOD... Can't wait to celebrate Sunday night with something heavenly. I'm thinking pizza followed by brownies... BAHAHA... I have been working out this week and have lost 4 lbs. so that is  good... I also feel like I have more energy and quite refreshed.  But still... MAMA WANTS CHEESE! And pasta... and Boston Pizza pepperoni and mushroom pizza... and gnocchi... and COFFEE.. and lattes... and COOKIES.. and VINO! I REALLY think my peers are sick of hearing me fantasize about food.......

Have a wonderful day and drink a coffee in my honor

0 comments:

Post a Comment