The Unicorn Pub

on

Must be the season for pubs and socializing.. I have been to more pubs in the past month than I have all year... And they have been packed! Today for lunch we went to The Unicorn at 304 8th Avenue right beside Banker's Hall and TD Square. The Unicorn is always our "trusty pub" that serves up good food in a lively atmosphere with a cold glass of ale. It's my last day of work until January 3rd, 2011 so I was definitely in the mood for a pint! Here is what we dined on.. PUB GRUB!
My good friend and co-worker Lisa ALWAYS gets the buffalo chicken wrap, no tomatoes and fries & gravy. Her absolute fav and said today's was especially delicious and the gravy not too salty..
I had the Reuben sandwich with a caesar salad and two deep fried pickles on  top!  The deep fried pickles sold me on the sanny but unfortunately they were pretty cold... A Reuben has Montreal smoked meat, sauerkraut, and Swiss cheese on marble rye bread. The bread was a bit soggy and caesar over dressed so I wasn't crazy about my meal...
My other date had the health-conscious poutine and chicken fingers. I really liked the poutine! Delicious gravy and impressive cheese curds for the west. I munched on this meal more than anything ;)
Good for a pint... And the mini-yorkies.. I wouldn't get the Reuben again though :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment