The Metropolitan Grill on 8th Avenue

on

If the +15's are the "hallways" in this city's downtown then The Met is definitely the cafeteria. Don't expect to get in unless you make a reservation for lunch and try to make one at least a week in advance for the holiday season. The Met is famous for its social gatherings, lounge atmosphere and nightlife. The Metropolitan group owns TOMMY Burger Bar, The Met, and SeVen Restolounge... All very hip places to dine at in this city. The food is also pretty darn good with a menu featuring some of my favorites... aka. risotto and mac n' cheese! I went for lunch with one of my besties today as we were in need of a glass of vino and this is what we dined on:
We were far too stuffed for dessert but I HIGHLY recommend the Molten Chocolate Souffle... Each one of your guests will need one of these little dishes of HEAVEN! 
Okay so I'm definitely on a "coconut shrimp" kick. This is the coconut shrimp martini for $17 with their "seabreeze sauce".. which I think was just thousand island dressing. These prawns were HUGE! I really liked how crunchy the batter was and the presentation... $17 is a bit steep for 5 prawns in my opinion.
My date had the "Candied Salmon Salad" for $17 with this amazing candied salmon (really did taste like candy...), pickled onions, spicy candied pecans, bruchetta and goat cheese with a Maple vinaigrette which she didn't even end up using.. It was moist and flavorful enough. If you are going to have a salad this is a real treat!
Okay... So this is not the ACTUAL photo from lunch.. It didn't turn out damn it! The flash just made it white.. But it looked almost exactly like this.. Same bowl... noodles and HUGE amounts of lobster.. This is the lobster claw mac n 'cheese for $26 with fresh East Coast lobster, sauteed with wild mushrooms & prosciutto and drizzled with truffle oil... This is the SECOND best mac n' cheese in Calgary in my mind... #1 Goes to Vintage Chophouse!!!
We were far too stuffed for dessert but I HIGHLY recommend the Molten Chocolate Souffle... Each one of your guests will need one of these little dishes of HEAVEN!

0 comments:

Post a Comment