Mama's Meatloaf!

on

 We were in the mood for a quick dinner last night so I decided to make one of James' favorite meals: meatloaf. I always pair meatloaf with homemade mac n' cheese... and then you can just squirt Ketchup on your entire meal! Teehehe. I just got this now mini loaf pan and thought I would try it out on my mom's recipe that I always use. James loves to have meals to warm up that I freeze when I am not home so he can just come home and reheat something and have a yummy dinner that Andies cooked... I thought this would be perfect- 4 meals in one! Here is the recipe for a super quick and easy meal:
Ingredients:
1 lb. lean hamburger meat
1-2 pieces of bread, torn into mixture
1/2 medium onion, chopped
salt & pepper
1 egg
1 big squirt of Ketchup
1 big squirt of Frank's Red hot sauce (optional)
1 Tbs. French Onion soup mix 
1 Tbs. other seasonings such as Epicure's cheese, chives & bacon .. Just something to give it a bit of flavor

Mash everything up in a bowl with your hands and form into a dome at the bottom of a bowl. If you find the mixture is too wet- add more bread. If it is too dry- add a splash of milk.
Flip the bowl over onto a cookie sheet and viola! You have meatloaf! Bake at 350 degrees for one hour or until juice runs clear. 

I really loved using this mini-loaf pan.. Can't wait to make a bunch of banana breads to freeze. I doubled my meatloaf recipe to make four mini-loaves. We always enjoy our meatloaf almost like a burger with Ketchup and mustard on it. So quick and easy!
Don't have an hour? Separate the meatloaf into muffin tins and they should be ready within 30 minutes!

0 comments:

Post a Comment