Catch Seafood Restaurant and Oyster Bar

on

Catch is one of the only Calgary restaurants that flies in fresh fish DAILY... Quite the feat considering how landlocked Calgary is but it does guarantee a good meal whenever I go to Catch. A lot of people are intimidated by their pricing dining room but I suggest checking out the oyster bar on the main level which looks like an upscale pub and features classics like fish & chips, homemade seafood chowder etc. I took a client here today and this is what we dined on. It was FANTASTIC!:
Great job Catch! I'll be back again and again.. Keep up the fresh seafood in this landlocked city! :)
These are the tempura prawns for $19... Not cheap but you get 6 and they are DELICIOUS... Super crunchy wonton exterior and a delicious Togorashi mayo that is super tangy. The prawns were also HUGE! Some of the best tempura I have ever had.
Today's special was two-for-one fish and chips and my guests raved about their fish. Although we were initially disappointed the fish was not halibut this line caught cod really was delicious and perfectly cooked. The fries sprinkled with sea salt looked great as well.
Look how beautiful this dish is! I ordered the special of the day (always a  good idea because it is often the most freshest fish) which was the swordfish on a bed of sweet & yellow potatoes, roasted peppers, red onions and a eggplant cream with an arugula salad on top. The fish seemed a bit overcooked to me as it has the same texture as chicken but it was so visibly appealing and the vegetables had a great seared flavor. I left very satisfied!
Great job Catch! I'll be back again and again.. Keep up the fresh seafood in this landlocked city! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment