Winter Vegetable Soup with Spinach

on

This is a perfect recipe for a chilly day like today. I made this last night and it was so comforting and one of the best soups I have ever made. It was in my "G.I. Diet Cookbook" so its also really healthy for you. Here is the recipe!:

Ingredients:

2 tsp olive oil
3 medium carrots, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 lb. celery root, chopped (I just used two stalks of celery)
1 large sweet potato, chopped
1 tsp. dried thyme
1/2 tsp rosemary
6 cups chicken or vegetable stock (low fat, low sodium)
3/4 cup small pasta shapes (such as detali or small shells)
1/2 tsp. each salt and freshly ground pepper
1 bag (10 oz) baby spinach

Directions:
In a large soup pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Cook carrots, garlic, onion, celery, sweet potato, thyme and rosemary for 8 minutes until vegetables are starting to soften and turn golden.
Pour in stock and bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer, stirring occasionally for 25 minutes or until vegetables are tender
Working in batches, puree soup in blinder or food processor until smooth, then return to pot.
Bring to a boil and add pasta, salt and pepper. Reduce to a simmer and cook for about 5 minutes.
Add spinach and cook for another 5 minutes or until pasta is tender. Makes 6 servings.
I cannot believe how creamy and flavorful this soup turned out!!! I will be making it again and again. James loves when I make soups like this and then freeze batches so he can have a quick, hearty meal when I'm not home to cook.

0 comments:

Post a Comment