The Taj, Cranston

on

The Taj Indian Cuisine recently opened in Cranston at 356 Cranston Road Southeast. I always crave warm, comforting Indian food when the weather gets cold and I feel like something satisfying. A few of us ventured out into the cold and ordered some Indian on Saturday. There was a "lunch box" special and you could get two entrees with saffron rice and naan bread for $11.95. It took about 20 minutes to prepare so not exactly "fast food" but homemade! I opted to go with butter chicken and beef curry:
This looks messy but it was SO GOOD! I was really impressed. The butter chicken was delicious and the rice was perfectly cooked. The beef was a bit tough in the curry but I would suggest going with the chana masala next time (chickpea curry)
Homemade naan that we saw them kneading in the back. It was delicious!
I would definitely eat here again and I highly recommend it. They also had dishes that you could order right off the menu such as butter chicken, tandoori etc that were meant to be shared between two people. I am going to give this a try next time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment