Tango Bistro

on

One of my best friends helped me pick out some new colors for a kitchen reno I am doing... I am SOOO excited about it. Our home is only three years old but unfortunately the counter has started lifting around the sink and instead of getting new arborite counters we might as well invest in some granite! I ended up finding a "silgranite" sink on Kijiji for $360 BRAND NEW, still in the box, instead of the $910 that they retail for... The nice couple that I bought the sink from suggested this awesome granite guy who came in $1400 cheaper than any of the quotes we received AND he can finish them by next week EEEEEE... He suggested getting a new back splash so this is what I found last night:
It is a combination of mosaic glass and stone. I LOVE IT!!! I thought it was $19.99 per box of 10.. Nope... $199!!! OMG I went to the counter expecting to spend $100 and $1132 later, all sweaty I exited the store.. Oh boy...
The top left is the new granite we are going with.. It's called "Ivory Chiffon".. the tile in the bottom right is our floor tile and I want to use these richer colors on our walls and use the one dark brown for a feature wall. I'M SO EXCITED!
To thank my girlfriend for her help I took her to Tango Bistro which is one of my favorite places to go and have a bottle of vino and eat as we chat... It is a tapas restaurant located on McLeod Trail across from Chinook in the same building as Open Sesame, Bolero and Smugglers. She really liked it and here is what we dined on!
This was the Tomato and Bocconcini Salad with arugula for $9. Loved the balsamic dressing and pretty presentation. Bocconcini is just a fancy word for "baby mozzarella"
These were my absolute FAVORITE! Wonton crusted prawns with an AMAZING togarashi mayonnaise for $12. The mayonnaise was so damn good and the prawns were crispy. YUMMMM! ORDER THESE!
This is the Pulled Pork Poutine for $9 with Montreal curds and chipotle demi glaze... aka. gravy. The fries were super flavorful because they used older potatoes- Montreal style. The cheese wasn't that melty but this was a delicious dish. There could have been a bit more pork for my liking and it really filled us up!!! It was yummy though I liked the fries.
For dessert they offer "2 oz. desserts" in everything from rocky road to key lime pie to cheesecake! These are coffee cheesecake shot glasses. What a fun way to end a good meal. The decoration on the top is just cane sugar that has been melted down.
I really like Tango.. I think the ambiance is really fresh and crisp and the food is always yummy! Really well priced as well! 

THANKS FOR ALL OF YOUR HELP CHANTY!!! I LOVE YOUUUUU!

0 comments:

Post a Comment