Q Haute Cuisine- Round Two!

on

We have had such a nice autumn thus far! I can't believe how awesome the weather has been! October and the patios are still open- superb! Yesterday for lunch I took a client to Q Haute Cuisine and we had their "Express Lunch" which is two courses for only $15!!! What a steal! Here is what we dined on:
For my first course I chose the butternut squash soup which had such a smooth and creamy texture. There was also a lobster creme fresh on the top with bits of lobster. SO good! Probably one of the best butternut squash soups I have ever had
My date had the Israeli cous cous as a starter. I loved the freshly grated cheese on top and larger cous cous variety.
I ordered the linguine with fresh green beans, sweet peas and prawns in a light white wine cream sauce. The vegetables were blanched perfectly and still crunchy which I love but I normally favor a creamier sauce.. It was good though if not a little bland.
My date ordered the "Chicken Ballotine".. I didn't know what a ballotine was until I googled it but it is defined as "a piece of meat, fish or poultry that has been boned, stuffed and then rolled and tied into a bundle. It is then usually poached or braised"... I was not a big fan of this dish... Dare I say it was too fancy for lunch?! It was... It seemed that there was a chicken skin surrounding the stuffed chicken "ballotine".. I just didn't like the flavors either really. Behind the ballotine contraption was a salmon/spanokopita concoction.. Sometimes simple can be much more comforting and enjoyable.
All in all the service was great as per usual and the price point, two courses for $15, was great... But dumb the Express Lunch down a bit Q Haute!!! It's lunch people!

0 comments:

Post a Comment