Pumpkin Pie... My mom's ancient secret recipe...

on

HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Hope you all had a great weekend of family, friends and FEAST! I look forward to two things each holiday: pumpkin pie and my mom's stuffing. YUM!
I'm sure many of you concede that your family has a delicious pumpkin pie recipe.. I don't care what your name is... MY MOM'S IS BETTER! BAHAHA. Our family recipe dates back CENTURIES from Scotland and I have never once tasted a pumpkin pie that comes close to this a-mazing and flavorful pie that I beg my mom to make each year... All year.. But she normally saves this treat for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Here is our family recipe...

Ingredients:

2 cups canned pumpkin (E.D. Smith brand) <-- yes, my ancestors used actual pumpkin but times have changed ;)
2 tsp. melted butter
3/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cream
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. cloves
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. mace <-- secret ingredient !
1/2 tsp. ginger 
2 eggs, beaten

Combine all ingredients until well combined and mix well. Pour into homemade pie crust preferably and cook at 450 degrees for 10 minutes and then 300 degrees for 45 minutes. Remove from oven when pie is solid and not "jiggly" and slightly cracked on top. 

Serve with homemade whipped cream... *DROOOOL*
Homemade Whipped Cream

500 mL whipping cream
1 Tbs. sugar
1 tsp. vanilla 

Beat whipping cream with hand mixer until you create "peaks" with the cream. Once this is accomplished add sugar and vanilla at the end and beat to incorporate. Enjoy!

I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do.. One of my favorite foods of all time!

0 comments:

Post a Comment