Stuffed Pork Tenderloin

on

It was my mom's birthday last night and although I was pretty rushed I still managed to cook up this SUPER YUMMY stuffed pork tenderloin. James was supposed to be home earlier to help me prepare but he ended up having to work late so instead of doing the appetizer I had planned for and dessert I just concentrated on getting everything out on time.

In a pinch I will put out this REALLY yummy cheese with some crackers.. It is always a hit:
Here is the recipe for the pork tenderloin... It was everyone's favorite part of the meal and they said the stuffing really tasted like my mom's turkey stuffing! That means its a huge success in my book! I found the recipe on www.allrecipes.com

Ingredients

  • 1 (3/4 pound) pork tenderloin
  • 1/2 cup chopped onion
  • 2 tablespoons butter
  • 1 cup soft bread crumbs
  • 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
  • 1/4 teaspoon rubbed sage
  • 1/4 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
  • 1/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/8 teaspoon pepper
  • 1 egg, lightly beaten
  • 1 bacon strip

Directions

  1. Make a lengthwise slit about three-fourths of the way through tenderloin; open tenderloin so it lies flat. Flatten to 1/4-in. thickness; set aside.
  2. In a small skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Add bread crumbs; saute until crumbs are golden brown. Remove from the heat. Stir in the parsley, sage, rosemary, salt, pepper and enough egg to moisten the ingredients.
  3. Spread stuffing on one long side of tenderloin to within 1/4 in. of edges. Close meat and place bacon on top; tie with kitchen string. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 50-60 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees F. Let stand for 5 minutes before slicing.

0 comments:

Post a Comment