Red's Diner

on

On Sunday my mom and I decided to hit up the new Red's Diner on 1415 4th Street SW, right beside the Rose & Crown on 4th Street. We were going to Cirque Du Soleil's Kooza and thought we would try somewhere new for brunch! Kooza was FABULOUS by the way... Although the tickets aren't cheap, Cirque never disappoints. I thought the acts were hilarious in this performance :)

We arrived at 11:00 am and there were about 3 parties in front of us- not bad for a Sunday brunch in Calgary! We ended up opting to eat at the bar facing the kitchen and didn't have to wait at all. When we left around noon though it was lined up all the way around the building so try to get there around 10 am - 11 am. Here is what we noshed on:
Here is the classic benny. The fruit was pretty pathetic on this plate and looked kinda sloppy but the eggs benny were delicious. They actually put each set of poached eggs under the broiler so all of the sauce and eggs meld which I thought was a good idea. My mom ordered fruit instead of hahs browns and as you can see she still got hash browns which were also pretty lackluster
I had the "hazelnut crepe" with nutella, bananas and whipped cream. It was a smaller portion but perfect for breakfast. I also ordered an orange juice which I never received and a large chocolate milk...
Better than Nellie's but nothing to write home about in my opinion.. I won't be making the trek downtown on a weekend again for breakfast. In my opinion you CANNOT beat Cora's!!! With mountains of carved fruit and a huge menu it is my favorite breakfast spot.. oh and Phil's too for the beef chubbies! hehehe. Try Cora's in Okotoks if you want to avoid the line ;)

0 comments:

Post a Comment