Centini- you must go!

on

My mom and I had a date night last night and went to "One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest" at Theater Calgary and dined at the neighboring "Centini Restaurant & Lounge". The ambiance is so elegant and soft in this restaurant and we were lucky enough to score a high top table looking right into the kitchen! What a treat. Here was our view:
What I like about Centini is the service is superb and the quality of the food is super high end but they are not pretentious at all and don't make you feel out of place. The kitchen was so professional, clean and well communicated. It was so neat to see them create each dish from scratch! What a great restaurant! Here is what we dined on:
These were our amuse bouche but they presented them as "compliments as a chef to thank you for dining".. Such a classy "feel good" way to start a meal. These were olives stuffed with veal and lightly battered and fried. They were delicious!
For a starter we had the "Seared Nova Scotia Scallops" on a bed of walnut & mint pesto and crispy brussel sprouts for $17. The scallops were perfectly cooked and sweet. I love the colorful presentation :)
I dined on my absolute favorite dish here that I have gotten a few times.. It is SO rich and comforting and delicious! "Gnocchi Gorgonzola" with gorgonzola cream... *DROOL* for $26
My mom ordered the Linguine Seafood with calamari, prawns, scallops, mussels, clams and tomato for $26. It was heavenly. The seafood was perfectly cooked and I loved the tomato sauce
O.M.G... There are not many words for this decadent dessert... A wonderfully sinful pyramid of cream puffs drenched in Callebaut chocolate. Best. Dessert. Ever. It is actually called the "Belgian Profiteroles" for $12. ORDER IT.

Centini.. You are a class act every time and never seize to impress me. Bravo.

Food FaNaTiC Rating: 10/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment