Buzzards Restaurant & Bottlescrew Bill's Pub

on

My husband James surprised me for lunch downtown today and we headed to a Calgary classic: Bottlescrew Bill's open since 1980 and featuring over 100 different beers from all over the world!!! This is a really neat local pub because you can get a "passport" for their "Around the World in 80 Beers". There are some pretty interesting brews to try, good and bad. They will keep the passport for you so you won't lose it in between visits and you will get a stamp in your passport for every beer you try!

The "Buzzard's" side takes their food very seriously and has a head chef and a sous chef who create daily specials and a delicious, well thought out menu. I wanted something light so I chose the "soup and sandwich daily special" for $9.95 which they advertised as "a fast lunch, made fresh daily". They weren't lying that it was fast! 5 minutes later I was served a DELICIOUS turkey sandwich with cheese, tomato, lettuce, cranberry mayonnaise on raisin bread with their homemade beef vegetable soup on the side.
I love when my sandwich is served with olives/pickles and there are crackers for my soup! The soup was a beef vegetable and it was delicious and obviously homemade.
James had the "smokehouse chicken wrap" with cajun chicken, peppers, cheddar and a yummy BBQ sauce for $12.95. He loved it.
Check out Buzzards! More than just your average pub grub... I've also tried the bacon wrapped meatloaf which was delicious :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment