Vicious Circle

on

Vicious Circle is a unique lounge/bar type of place with a voodoo type ambiance and the most extensive martini list in Calgary with over 150 to choose from! Located at 1011 1st Street S.W. I really like the cave-like bathrooms and funky decor. 

As I am still on my hunt for the best mac n' cheese in Calgary I decided to order the "Super mac n' Cheese" that the head chef suggested.. It was cavatapi pasta, sautéed onion, sun dried and fresh tomatoes tossed in their  homemade white wine cheese sauce, topped with fresh parmesan cheese.. She also suggested adding some Spolumbo sausage so I did that as well... It was really delicious! I was worried that the sausage was going to overpower the mac but it worked

One of my lunch dates dined on the "Mother's Melt" which was an open faced sandwich of sautéed red cabbage, onions, carrots, broccoli, green peppers, tomatoes, and baby corns in a tangy tomato marinade covered in cheddar & mozzarella. She was a bit disappointed in their vegetarian offerings which did not appear on the menu without cheese so a vegan would be hard pressed to find something suitable.

My other lunch date decided to "make her own flat bread" with pepperoni, olives, artichoke hearts, and mushrooms. She really loves the flat bread here! It looked delicious


Food FaNaTiC Rating: 8/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment