Vero Italian Bistro - Lunch this time!

on

I was meeting a girlfriend for lunch in Kensington and we were craving Italian.. We decided to hit up Vero Italian Bistro because it offered a three course lunch for $15!!! I LOVE when restaurants do this type of special for lunch. What an economical way to dine at a nice restaurant who has daily specials and fresh cuisine. 

We started with a green tea lemonade that she suggested which was very refreshing on a summer day


The $15 lunch special changes daily and today it featured brushcetta as a starter- one of my favs! The bruschetta was on a piece of toasted marble rye with just the perfect amount of olive oil brushed on it... I LOVED this bruschetta and its presentation which peaked our appetites 

For an entree we were served shell pasta with meatballs, zucchini, fresh & crispy green beans, and oyster mushrooms in a wild mushroom sauce. My pasta was a bit too al dente unfortunately but besides that this was the perfect portion and "bowl of pasta" that we were looking for!

I really loved this mango sorbet for dessert. It was so refreshing and went well with the slice of apple at the bottom and crunchy clove cookie bits. Sorbet is often served as a palette cleanser between meals and I can see why- it was so nice and light. After the meal we were the perfectly satisfied- not hungry and not overly stuffed. Thoroughly enjoyed this lunch :)

Great work Vero and awesome price- I'll be back for sure!

Food FaNaTiC Rating: 9.5/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment