Open Sesame

on

Happy Thursday everyone.. Is it Friday yet?! Long week it seems like!

Here is a shout out to my good friend and neighbor LINDSAY as this is her favorite restaurant! WOO!

If there is one place that is consistently good in my eyes its Open Sesame located at 6920 Macleod Trail South across from Chinook.. This could be due to the fact that if you choose the "Asian Market", like I normally do, you are creating your own stir fry with your choice of noodles or rice, meat, and a large variety of vegetables & sauces. I really like taking guests here who are from out of town because I like its dark interior and Asian themed decor. It's normally a unique meal that is a lot of fun too!

You can order a variety of appetizers or entrees or choose the ASIAN MARKET! For $9.95 you choose one of the following:

Jasmine steamed rice
Brown rice
Mushroom fried rice
Shanghai wheat noodles <-- my fav!
Rice noodles
Vermicelli noodles
Chow mein noodles

Then you have your choice of meat:

Chicken Breast $3.50
Salmon $4
Shrimp $4.50
Calamari $4
Barbecued Pork $3.50
Sirloin Steak $4
Scallops $4.50

You are then presented with an empty bowl and you can fill it to overflowing with a huge variety of vegetables, seeds, nuts and sauces. They recommend 4-6 scoops of sauce although 6 can leave your stir fry soupy. Here is my creation! I love adding tons of mushrooms, crunchy water chestnuts, peanuts and normally use the spicy peanut sauce and garlic terriyaki sauce. YUM!

For dessert my co-worker has been RAVING about these "Chocolate Spring Rolls"... with Callebaut chocolate and a peanut-caramel dipping sauce for $5 for forever and now I see why.. OH... MY... GOD.. THESE WERE AMAZING!!! I loved how they came in the steamer box and the small size of them-- the chocolate was hot and melty and all I can say is FOODGASM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! These are one of my favorite desserts of all time-- not too much.. not too little.. just the perfect amount of hot molten chocolate wrapped in crunchy wrappers with a peanut dipping sauce... *DROOL*

My date also had the banana wontons which were delicious but a bit too big for me for dessert- she loved them though. For $5 they consisted of fresh banana, crisp wonton wrappers, premium vanilla ice cream, drizzled with chocolate and caramel with clouds of whipping cream and a dusting of cinnamon.

I really liked how affordable it is to dine here.. Desserts for $5? Yes Please!

Food FaNaTiC Rating: 9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment