La Casa Pergola, Red Deer

on

Hello fellow foodies!!!

I was in Red Deer this weekend for the Daniel Wesley concert and was craving some good Italian... There wasn't much selection in Red Deer but I did use my FAVORITE BlackBerry application: Poynt to find La Casa Pergola located at 4909-48th Street.
As a side no
te: Poynt is AMAZING!!! You can look up movies, Businesses, people, restaurants and maps near you, search for restaurants by name, restaurants by cuisine or restaurants near you. I use this app all the time in Calgary and it is SO handy out of town as well. You can use this app for BlackBerry or iPhone. Check it out! http://poynt.com/




The main dining room in La Casa Pergola is very elegant with dark wood and a really romantic feel with candles lit and very friendly staff.For an appetizer we dined on the bruschetta for $7.95 which was very good because it had an interesting twist: Goat Cheese! Who would have thought goat cheese would go so well with tomatoes, onions and garlic? I loved the creamy texture and the presentation on a half piece of french bread.

For an entree I chose the gnocchi in a Gorgonzola white wine cream sauce. I am a SUCKER for ANYTHING white wine cream sauce, especially with Gorgonzola which is a form of blue cheese. I love the rich and sweet flavor. Gnocchi is the name for a variety of thick, soft noodles or dumplings normally made with potato. Gnocchi is widely available dried, frozen or fresh in vacuum sealed packages (that is how I buy it) and SOOO easy to make... literally all you need is to boil it al dente and add your favorite sauce and you have a delicious side or satisfying entree!


The gnocchi here was VERY good... The sauce was so creamy and rich... This particular gnocchi was also pan seared which I liked for the texture but a few pieces were a bit overcooked. Besides that it was a delicious dish for $22.... My favorite gnocchi is still the Gorgonzola Gnocchi at Centini downtown... MMMMMM

My date dined on the Fettucini alla Pollo which was fettucini alfredo with a large helping of chicken. He said it was the best fettucini he has every had in his life. It was DELICIOUS for $26.95

I highly recommend this restaurant if you are looking for a nice dinner out in Red Deer. Excellent service and friendly staff as well :)

Food FaNaTiC Rating: 9/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment