Jacqueline Suzanne's Bistro

on

Jacqueline Suzanne's Bistro is located at 1219 9th Avenue SE in the heart of Inglewood... It's a very unique looking bistro with antique's adorning the interior and tables... Even the menu has a selection of antiques that are for sale on the last page!

The menu is very large with a variety of fine dining items such as escargot, mussels, crab cakes, rack of lamb etc... The breakfast and weekend brunch also looks DIVINE!!!

I was in the mood to try a variety of items so I started with the soup du jour which was chicken and broccoli and served in an antique tea cup. The presentation was very simple and beautiful and the soup itself was rich and very flavorful. I wasn't expecting such a creamy, rich soup but it hit the spot on this chilly day.
Don't you hate when you order the wrong thing!?!?! One of the specials of the day was prime rib which I should have gone for but instead I settled on a side Caesar salad for $8 and the Stuffed Portabella Mushroom Cap for $16. The caesar salad was good but noting to really write home about...
When my mushroom cap came I was a bit disappointed. It advertised being stuffed with "cream cheese, crab pollack, and herb stuffing" so I was hoping for a poultry like flavored stuffing but instead the mushroom was too rich and overflowing with cream and cheese... The mushroom cap was so rich I couldn't even finish it!!!
My date had the Crepe Suzanne aka. crepe of the day which was goat cheese and asparagus which was pretty good... All in all I was a bit disappointed in this spot but would recommend it for a nice brunch out... I found the menu to be a bit expensive for what it was... $16 for ONE mushroom cap full of cream?? Hmmm..... What I DO like about this establishment is that it is owned and operated by two women who have a passion for food and old world ambiance and have combined the two passions.

I would like to try this restaurant for breakfast but for a lunch course my rating is:

Food FaNaTic rating: 6/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment