Divino Wine & Cheese Bistro

on

Decided to hit up Divino Wine & Cheese Bistro for lunch today with my sister in law... Located at 113 8th Avenue SW Divino specializes in French cuisine and a variety of cheeses that you can order a la carte. I really like the atmosphere and French fare offered at this small, contemporary restaurant on Stephen Ave.

For a first course we dined on the Braised Pork Belly $16 with rhubarb, ginger and apple seasoning on a bed of arugula... The pork itself had very good flavor and was perfectly cooked but it was much too fatty for me- each slice was entirely fat which I wasn't a fan of.. My date mentioned it tasted like really thick bacon... So the flavor was good but the texture and content of the dish was mainly fat.



My sister in law ordered the B.C. Salmon for $31 which was presented on citrus & parsley risotto and tomato braised young spinach. The salmon was PERFECTLY cooked and flaky. The risotto was not the most flavorful or richest we have ever eaten so the fish really shined in this dish. Very good!



I ordered the Pistachio Penne $22 which had duck confit (leg of duck), purple plums, roasted shallots with a basil pesto. I absolutely LOVED the fresh snap peas that were in this dish as they were sweet and crispy and added some great texture to the dish. I learned that I am not a big fan of duck confit although I thought I was... I didn't like the dark meat/gamy taste the duck had. The pasta was piping hot and perfectly cooked though.. Not to mention basil pesto is my FAVORITE! I would order this again with chicken or prawns.

Next go around I would try something different such as the mussels and frites (fries) which I have had before and the sauce was AMAZING! My one complaint would be the high price for lunch fare as many downtown restaurants try to keep their most expensive entree at lunch under $30

Food FaNaTiC Rating: 7/10

0 comments:

Post a Comment